Visit Our Chiropractor for Back Pain Relief
Everybody suffers from back pain at one time or another. It might be as simple as a muscle strain, or it could be complicated and debilitating like sciatic nerve compression. At Anken Family ChiroCare in Rome, NY, our chiropractor has provided back pain treatment for more than 20 years. The primary tool used for chiropractic back pain treatment is spinal adjustments.
Chiropractic adjustments are supplemented with therapies that offer pain relief and help restore your range of motion without the dangers of surgery or risks of pain medication. Those medications only mask the symptoms of a patient's back pain. They don't treat the source of the pain.
Common Causes of Back Pain
If you suffer from persistent lower back pain, we can create a treatment plan that is designed to reduce or eliminate your back pain. Here are a few of the common causes of back pain:
- Displaced Lumbar Disc: This condition is almost always caused by misalignment of a vertebra in the lower spine known as the lumbar spine. When that vertebra is misaligned, it can displace a spinal disc. It's that displacement that compresses the spinal nerve and causes the pain.
- Herniated Lumbar Disc: The spinal discs are found between your vertebrae. They consist of bands of cartilaginous material called the annulus. Inside of each annulus is a jelly-like substance known as the nucleus pulposus. If the annulus tears, the nucleus pulposus begins to leak out. That puts pressure on the spinal nerve root next to it.
- Sciatica: The sciatic nerve originates at the lumbar spine and travels across the hips, into each side of the buttocks, and down each leg. Vertebral or disc pressure on this nerve can follow it down one leg. Sciatica can be a particularly painful condition.
- Facet Joint Osteoarthritis: This condition is typically caused by the aging process. It involves wearing down the cartilage in the facet joints of the spine. The symptoms of this disorder worsen over time.
- Sports Injuries: These might involve strains, sprains, joint or spinal injuries. They are usually caused by overexertion or trauma.
Effective Back Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractor
During your initial visit, we will perform a thorough examination to determine the cause of your back pain. If you live in or around Rome, NY, contact Anken Family ChiroCare today at (315) 337-9240 to schedule an appointment. Every patient is different, so based on our findings, we can discuss an individualized treatment plan for you that targets the specific cause of your pain and discomfort.